If you are the pregnant California employee then you have great chances to take Paid Maternity Leave California under the short-term disability laws. Paid Maternity Leave gives a great opportunity to the pregnant employee while they are unable to work.
How Does Maternity Leave Work In California?
California’s maternity leave laws make huge impacts and it is the best choices for the pregnant employee in the nation. In addition, California also enacted California Family Rights Act that suitable for California workers. In general, California law takes further actions to provide disability benefits for the pregnant employees.
The paid parental leave California benefits are highly utilized by the employee who unable to work due to pregnancy. This facility is available under the pregnancy disability leave law and this law gives great opportunities as well as rights to the employee to receive unique benefits during pregnancy. During the period the employer needs to provide health care benefit to the respective employee.
This law also allows the employee to take up to 4 months off., as well as it considers all the pregnancy-related concerns this also includes physician ordered bed rest, severe morning sickness, childbirth, prenatal care as well as recovery from childbirth.
Eligibility For Maternity Leave California
- The employee who works at Companies with at least fifty employees, both the government and private employees are covered under Paid Maternity Leave.
- If you are working in the small business with less number of employees then you will not able to get this leave.
- In order to take leave you must have worked at your company at least for one year and 1,250 hours
- An employee with a serious health issue and it will be applicable when the employee’s child, spouse, or parent has a serious health issue.
- People with the chronic health condition
- Pregnancy as well as post-birth or natal medical condition,
- People with severe morning sickness
- Medically prescribed bed rest
How Long is Maternity Leave in California Available?
A pregnant employee has possibilities to take Paid Maternity Leave for 12 weeks in a 12-month period. The employees who qualify for PFL they can receive ultimate benefits, first of all, the pregnant employee receive wages at a reduced level.
At the same time, that employee also receives up to fifty-five percentages of their average weekly income in the pregnancy period. In general, the California employers are preferred to participate state’s disability insurance. With this, the employee can receive benefit payments SDI & PFL
How Do I Apply For Maternity Leave In California?
- In order to take the Paid Maternity Leave in California, they need to provide respective notice of the need for leave to the employer because you already know the date of medical treatment or surgery
- You need to tell your condition to your employer at least days in advance.
- The employer takes fifteen days to give certification after submission of the request letter.
- To take Paid Maternity Leave employee must follow the procedure, first of all, the employee needs to meet eligibility requirements then you will be allowed to take Paid Maternity Leave.
Under the state law, the employer needs to approve this leave. Certain types of employees have various rules for Maternity Leave, the rules can apply to the pregnant employee. In order to take the Maternity, Leave employee need to know about the law.
When Can I Go On Maternity Leave In California?
You can start maternity leave in your last month of 3rd trimester (Final Countdown Starts) that will be good for you and your baby as last month is very crucial to handle it may go complicated anytime. It’s also very important for a pregnant lady to relax before baby comes as stress can be high risk for a natural birth.
How To Claim for Paid Maternity Leave In California?
- The Claim for Paid Family Leave will be automatically mailed to you in a separate envelope at the end of your DI claim after your final payment is issued.
- When you have recovered from delivering your baby, submit your Claim for Paid
- Complete all sections of the Claim for Paid Maternity Leave, and mail no later than 41 days from the date you wish to begin your bonding claim or you may submit it using SDI Online.